Monday, August 10, 2020

PLAY THE CORRECT TEES at Private golf clubs in Scottsdale

As I was checking on play this morning, I was asked a question that I am frequently asked, which was “How many players are playing from the correct tees at Scottsdale golf club ” My answer has been the same for many years; not enough. Here is my thinking:

The game is a sport where we challenge ourselves on each and every shot and hope that our score reflects our timeless hours of practice and preparation.

Many others play the game only for the social aspect and fun at Scottsdale golf club.

I believe you can accomplish both if you play from the correct tees that fit your skill, meaning, how many greens can you REACH in regulation, not how many you HIT in regulation, as that is a different question.

Too many players at Private golf clubs in Scottsdale play from tees too far back and their chances of reaching and hitting greens is very small.

I would encourage you to track a few of your rounds and count the number of greens you had birdie chances on and if the number is consistently low, you might consider moving up a tee and this will enable you to have more fun as well at Private golf clubs in Scottsdale.

This is a true story about when I was competing years ago and playing my best. When I would go out to play with amateurs or members, they would expect I would want to play “From the Backs” (as they would call them). Little did they know even at my level, that wasn’t always as much fun as they would expect.

I made them an agreement that we would start one tee forward and when they started to make too many birdies, we would move back a tee. To date, many years later, we have never moved back one time!

A great way to get your confidence up at Scottsdale private golf courses is to play for fun from a more forward tee and see how many greens you can hit in regulation and thus, how many birdie opportunities you can have in a given round.

Wouldn’t it be fun to go home and tell your family you just shot your best round ever?

Lastly, remember, golf is a game of a lifetime, but it shouldn’t take you a lifetime to play it!

A fast player keeps good friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment