As mentioned last month, it is Scottsdale country club ‘business as usual’ here at the Club and the month of June was, much like May, busier than we’ve experienced in the past. Did you know . . . that our Scottsdale country club YTD (October – May) Total Rounds of Golf played is 25,363 – 7.5% higher than budgeted and 5.1% higher than year prior?
- Did you know . . that our Scottsdale country club total Revenue in May 2015 of $915,815 was up by 8% over budget and 19% higher than year prior?
- Did you know . . . that the month of May’s Gross Operating Profit of $34,806 was 196% better than budget and 136% better than year prior?
- Did you know . . . that the Scottsdale golf club’s YTD Net Profit After Other Income of $284,043 is 3.2% better than budget and 160% better than year prior ($109,118)? Changing the subject. . .
- Did you know . . . that, in our recently completed 2015 Scottsdale golf club Employee Opinion Survey (“EOS”), 96% of our employees indicated that they were very satisfied or satisfied with their job?
- Did you know . . . that in that same survey, 96% of our Scottsdale golf club employees said their work is very meaningful or meaningful? Did you know. . . that 94% of our employees strongly agree/ agree that the Club offers equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion or marital status?
- Did you know . . . that 94% of our Scottsdale golf club employees strongly agree/ agree that they focus on problem solving instead of fault finding?
Yes, we also learned in the 2015 Scottsdale golf club Employee Opinion Survey that we have some areas for improvement, i.e.: promotions tied to improvement (69%), employee satisfaction with employee benefits (67%), and employee commitment to a career with the Club (72%....down 8% as compared to year prior). All in all though, we are extremely pleased with the survey results as they confirm a very high level of employee satisfaction and the fact that they truly do believe the Scottsdale golf club is a great place to work (92%)!!
Speaking of employees, congratulations are in order for Scottsdale golf club Executive Chef Lenard Rubin as he recently received his Certified Executive Chef certification from the American Culinary Federation. The American Culinary Federation (ACF) was established in 1929 and is the largest professional chefs' organization in North America. ACF, which was the progeny of the combined visions of three chefs' associations in New York, comprises more than 22,000 members in 230 chapters across the United States, and is known as the authority on cooking in America. Its mission is to make a positive difference for culinarians through education, apprenticeship and certification, while creating a fraternal bond of respect and integrity among culinarians everywhere.
Congratulations Chef Lenny on a milestone career accomplishment….and thank you for being on our team